MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 4-time donor

2 posters

Go down

Happy 4-time donor Empty Happy 4-time donor

Post by Izzy Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 am

I will admit that I was somewhat ambivelant about the idea of breastfeeding while I was pregnant. I thought I would give it a try and if it didn't work out, so be it. Well things worked out incredibly well for my son, to the point that I struggled with oversupply issues for much of his first six months. Once I started back to work when he was 14 weeks, I diligently pumped three times per work day and was left with more than 150 ounces a week beyond his daycare needs - and this including nursing while together in the evening and weekends! I cut back to twice daily pumps and still produced an extra 90-100 ounces per week. Not knowing what I was going to do with all of this milk that we would never use, I sought out milkshare.

I have now donated to four families and am thrilled that my son and I were able to deliver donation number four ourselves! It was such a great experience, as it continues to be, and I am thrilled that we were able to help others. It took me nearly four years to have my son so I think it is only fitting that since we needed so much help to bring him in to the world, we pay back the goodwill by helping others as well.

Izzy

Back to top Go down

Happy 4-time donor Empty Re: Happy 4-time donor

Post by adbaker0818 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 am

What a wonderful post! I'm so grateful for every mom that has donated milk to my little one! I love hearing about the other end of this milksharing business. Smile
adbaker0818
adbaker0818

Back to top Go down