MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got milk for my micropreemie?

2 posters

Go down

got milk for my micropreemie? Empty Re: got milk for my micropreemie?

Post by mangomely Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:40 am

I am moving and have about 40 ounces frozen that I would hate to throw away (and could freeze extra for you before I move -- or give you fresh since I live in Salt Lake City). Are you interested? My baby is only 6 weeks old so the milk may not ideally meet your baby's needs, but at least I live locally.

Text me if you are interested - (801) 357-9919

mangomely

Back to top Go down

got milk for my micropreemie? Empty got milk for my micropreemie?

Post by mandibula Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi everyone!

Baby Zeke has been losing weight on formula and we haven't found a way to help him. Zeke was born premature at 27 weeks, weighing 2lbs. He now weighs 14lbs at 10 months actual, 7 months adjusted.

After he was delivered my milk never really came in. I think my body wasn't ready to produce, and our baby had a very rough first few weeks, they told us he wouldn't make it several times, so the stress didn't help. But he made it and now he is a smiley 10 month old! very skinny though Sad

I pumped like crazy and with the help of domperidone I managed to provide him with my breast milk the 3 months he spent in the nicu, when he was the most fragile. But my body doesn't respond well to the pump, and I started having mastitis after mastitis, each one leaving me with less supply. We switched him to formula a few months ago, but we haven't found one that he can digest and actually put weight on it. He refuses elemental formulas, and I don't blame him, they taste terrible! Our GI doctor has brought up that he might need to be tube fed for a while, can't afford him losing weight. But obviously we want to avoid going that route if we can. He thrived on breast milk, so we know he can do it.

If you have milk to donate or you think you might have in the future please let me know. Doesn't matter how much, small shipments are ok. My LO body is having a hard time handling formula, and it would be great to be able to give him a break with a little breastmilk every day.

You can send me a message here or call/text at 541 908 2278.
I'm in the salt lake city area but can pick up anywhere! don't mind driving, even for a few ounces.
Thank you!
mandi

here's a photo (or 2, or 3 or 4... Very Happy ) so you can meet zeke
https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/20/55/48/10_mon12.jpg
mandibula
mandibula

Back to top Go down