MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

milk donor near Louisville?

Go down

milk donor near Louisville?  Empty milk donor near Louisville?

Post by sylvanhistorian Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 pm

My 9 month old son has a rare genetic condition.... his long term prognosis is good, but he's had a rough start in life (six weeks in two hospitals, on oxygen for his first several months of life, delayed physical development because of how his condition affects his body). He is not able to eat by mouth at all and has been tube fed since birth. I pumped as much as I could for his first five months, but had to stop for several reasons and even when I was pumping, I couldn't keep my supply up to fill his needs. We've been using donor milk since he was about seven weeks old and are SO thankful for it! He's been thriving, hasn't been back in the hospital (all his doctors were concerned about him getting sick and being hospitalized again) and is overall doing fantastically well on it.

I live in Indiana and donor milk can be hard to find. We've been extremely blessed so far and have only had to put him on formula for about three days' total because of a milk stash running out, but I think we may be getting to another low period. Friends from Louisville will be up in our state in late September and have offered to bring milk up for my son if we can find any. Soo.... if you've got milk and you're near Lousiville, please let me know! I can repay costs of milk storage bags, too!

Thanks so much!
- Nicole R.

sylvanhistorian

Back to top Go down