MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift

3 posters

Go down

Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift Empty Where are you located?

Post by martinsvillemother Wed May 04, 2011 1:42 pm

I am in Southern Virginia and I would love to assit you. I have about 50 oz that I can donate to you. I am nursing my 4 month old and it is very healthy milk. I eat a very healthy diet, not much processed foods, no caffeine. Please send me a private message and we can arrange for pick up.

martinsvillemother

Back to top Go down

Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift Empty Re: Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift

Post by Feb2011Mom Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Are you still in need of milk? I live in Columbia, MD. So I think it can be picked up as we are not far off...If you are still in need, PM please and I can give more details.

Feb2011Mom

Back to top Go down

Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift Empty Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift

Post by Jake'sMommy Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 pm

My name is Jennifer and I am proud to be the Mommy of Jacob, a 4 year old, about to be 5!!!!, little boy who is battling Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type I. SMA type I is very similar to ALS except it hits hard at a very young age. Jake is unable to sit, stand, talk, or eat. Everything we feed him is monitored strickly by me, MOM, and a dietician. I have to research and try and fail with baby foods, supplements, and fats/proteins. Jake eats ONLY through a g-tube and has strick guidelines. He has been breastmilk fed since birth, I pumped until he was 2.5 years old, and when my BM dried up he began receiving donor milk. We are trying to transistion him from BM, but currently he will only tolerate 3 mL of safflower oil for his fat and 1 TBsp of a protein supplement for his protein. In order to completely transition from BM, he will need to tolerate 2 tablespoons of oil and 3 TBsp of supplement...we are a long way off from that! I will say that BM has been a mainstay, over 40% of his calories, and what is keeping him healthy and growing. My son was only suppose to live months. Thanks to the grace of God, he will celebrate his 5th birthday in June and is still growing and glowing!
We had an awesome donor in Virginia who has kept us in business for the past year, but her baby has turned a year old and her milk has slowed down. If you live in NC, SC, VA, GA, or TN and would be willing to donate to my son, we would be greatly appreciative! As I said above, he is the world to me. I have driven a 10 hour round-tripper before to get him BM. Your generosity would mean the world to my son.
Please check out Jake's websites, www.our-sma-angels.com/fortheloveofjake or www.carepages.com/fortheloveofjake. Your generous donation would mean the difference in life.

Jake'sMommy

Back to top Go down

Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift Empty Re: Little Boy Battling a Terminal Disease in NEED of Your Gift

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down