MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

400oz + to donate in central NY

3 posters

Go down

400oz + to donate in central NY Empty Re: 400oz + to donate in central NY

Post by marybordwell Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:01 am

Hello,

I was just wondering if any of your milk is still available? I was unable to produce more than 5 oz per day due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My son is 6 mths old, and has several risk factors involved with eating exclusively formula. He has terrible allergies that lead to ear infections and bronchitis and asthma. His dad also had exposure to a chemical that has side effects for off spring of learning disabilities and mental retardation. A study performed said that all children that were breastfed exhibited none of the effects of the exposure, but the formula fed children, a percentage of them, did get the learning disabilities and MR. I had a regular donor in Fort Drum, Watertown, but her milk supply took a dive and she is no longer able to donate for the time being. I currently have enough milk to supply my son until the end of next week possibly. I have already prepared and started mixing 50% formula in so he is till getting breastmilk into his diet at least a little for as long as possible. My goal is to keep him in breastmilk until he reaches a year old and weans onto whole milk.
Thank you for listening (reading!) and for donating, no matter who ends up with it. It really is a true gift you are giving to other moms and kids:) God Bless.
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

Post by munguin Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you so much for your breastmilk offer. This means so much to me and women like me.

I'm wondering if your milk is still available. I'm a 31-year-old mother and I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. Although I enjoyed a wonderful breastfeeding experience with my 1st child, I will not be able to breastfeed this time around due to a recent bilateral mastectomy (both of my breasts were completely removed). It is very important to me that my baby have as much breast milk as possible and as little formula as possible.

I live in CT but have family in upstate New York (Watertown area). Oneonta is not exactly on the way from my house to Watertown, but then again Oneonta is not exactly on the way from anyplace to anyplace else. :-) I had a friend who attended Hartwick College so I am a little familiar. Anyway, it may be feasible for us to pick up on our way to or from visiting family.

Please contact me: munguin at hotmail dot com

Thanks again for the offer. It is much appreciated.

Warmly,
Sara

munguin

Back to top Go down

400oz + to donate in central NY Empty 400oz + to donate in central NY

Post by cantankerouserika Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi I have at least 400oz probably close to 800oz to donate. I live in the Oneonta area. Please message me! I would hate to throw it out!

cantankerouserika

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down