MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baby due in 4 weeks and we're looking for a wonderful donor mama

2 posters

Go down

baby due in 4 weeks and we're looking for a wonderful donor mama Empty Re: baby due in 4 weeks and we're looking for a wonderful donor mama

Post by katnorman Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 am

Hi,
I have about 450 ounces of breastmilk, maybe more (my freezer is overflowing!!) that I would like to donate. I have an almost 4 month old that I nurse and this is my extra milk. So, the milk is from about December 16th to now. If you are interested, just let me know!!
Thanks,
Katie

katnorman

Back to top Go down

baby due in 4 weeks and we're looking for a wonderful donor mama Empty baby due in 4 weeks and we're looking for a wonderful donor mama

Post by aliciaf Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Our oldest, Sage (age 5), was unable to nurse due to a high palate and recessed chin. I pumped full-time (8-10 time per day) and supplemented for the first year of her life. She never had any problems with formula and is healthy and strong today. Our second, Micah (age 16 mo.) was a whole different story. He was also unable to nurse and I began pumping full-time again and when my milk supply dropped off at 4 months I started supplementing. About 1 month after we began supplementing Micah had an awful reaction. His body was covered from head to toe in a weeping, itchy (and sometimes bloody) rash. Not much has changed since then. It has been a year of sleepless nights and a very sad boy. We've been running from doctor to doctor all year but still don't have any answers. I'm sure they'll come though....

Some wonderful moms on milkshare donated milk to us last year and that kept Micah going until he could begin solids. We will always be thankful for them.

With Micah not getting better. my hubby and I decided to wait 2-3 years before having another. Well life is full of surprises and we found out that I'm pregnant. We're very happy to have another little on join our family but we're definitely nervous about ever supplementing again. We would love to have donor milk ready and waiting when this baby arrives so we there won't be any need for formula.

If anyone can help this little one I would be SO SO grateful!!

I will pay all shipping expenses (FedEx). Here's how it works: I send you a cooler with a prepaid shipping label and breast milk bags, tape, newspaper etc and give instructions on how to pack. Then you let me know when you want it picked up and I arrange for it to be picked up right at your door step. No need to go to the post office or drag the cooler anywhere. Easy!!! To make it worth while though it should be at least 300 ounces due to the cost of shipping. It costs the same to ship 75 ounces or 300 ounces.

Love,
Alicia
aliciaf
aliciaf

Back to top Go down