MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Breastmilk to Donate in VA - this week if possible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interested!

Post by Carolie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 pm

I'd be very interested in your milk! Not sure I can make it to Richmond by Wednesday though. Any chance you could ship it? I can PayPal you the cost of shipping immediately!

We're adopting a newborn baby girl in Nevada, and bringing her home to Norfolk, VA the first week in May. She may have some health issues, and I am really hoping to avoid formula if at all possible! I have a wonderful woman here who has some milk to donate, but every little bit helps!

And congratulations if you are moving to Pawley's Island! My parents met there, and I spent every summer there (at the Pawley House!) from the time I was six months old until my grandmother passed away about fifteen years ago. It's a wonderful, wonderful place!

Please feel free to contact me at carolie(at)wordmagix(dot)com!

Carolie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk to Donate in VA - this week if possible

Post by ElizabethPaul on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:37 am

Hi there!
I have about 200 oz of breast milk in Richmond, VA. I pumped and saved so much of it because I was returning to work after having a son in November, but after 3 months back at work have decided to stay home FT and there's no way we'd use it now that I'll be nursing him FT.

The hitch in this is that we're moving next week (we head down to Pawleys Island, SC on Wednesday) and I hate to stick it all in a giant cooler and drive it down (though I can if necessary). Honestly, I didn't even know there was such a thing as breast milk donation until this morning, so I've contacted a few of the organizations that take milk to donate for preemies, but I'm doubting they'd have time to do the necessary blood work before the move.

I've never smoked in my life, don't drink, am on no medications (except for prenatal vitamins, which I've continued since Judah was born). Caffeine made Judah spit up (even in small amounts) so I actually gave up caffeine as well.

I've never done this before, so I don't know exactly how it works, but if there's someone local (or within driving distance) in need of breastmilk please let me know!

Elizabeth

ElizabethPaul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top