MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breastmilk when baby has had a cold

3 posters

Go down

Breastmilk when baby has had a cold Empty Breastmilk when baby has had a cold

Post by AngieL Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 am

My baby is 8 months and I've had a decent surplus in milk. I've been able to donate about 1000oz over the past few months to a wonderful mom and baby. But the last two months have been fraught in sickness, whatever happens to be going through daycare at the moment. My baby has had colds, fevers (one as high as 103.7, others around 100-101), coughs, and right now I have one of her colds. I don't want to go through all the milk and figure out what days she's been sick. Plus, what if she or I had the virus for days before symptoms showed up? So, now the milk is just accumulating in my freezer and I'll try to use it up after I stop breastfeeding in a few months. It's too bad, because I would have been happy to donate it (though not happy to get anyone sick).

What are your rules of thumb when it comes to donating/receiving milk from mother/baby with a cold?

AngieL

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk when baby has had a cold Empty Re: Breastmilk when baby has had a cold

Post by bhtimm Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm

OMG, don't throw it away! This milk is even better because it's full of antibodies.

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Breastmilk when baby has had a cold Empty Re: Breastmilk when baby has had a cold

Post by Jodibug Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I agree with the previous poster. Colds do not pass through breastmilk, but like PP mentioned there will be anitbodies to fight off the cold.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieL Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 am

Wow, thanks! I had no idea. That really makes me realize how precious breast milk is!

AngieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down