MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking to donate

3 posters

Go down

looking to donate Empty Re: looking to donate

Post by moser2km Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Meadows,

I am currently looking for milk for my 5mo old baby girl. It needs to be dairy/gluten free though. I saw vegetarian and thought it possible you might be dairy free. Any chance? I can fill you in more if you are. We're getting pretty desperate (we're in Middletown). Thanks!

Katherine & Baby Anna

moser2km

Back to top Go down

Post by mariannawickman Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi Meadows,

My name is Marianna Wickman, and I'm traveling to Delaware in March (11-19) to visit family. I have 12 week old twins, and I need about 10 oz a day beyond what I can make, so I'm trying to scrounge up about 70 oz while I'm in Wilmington. Did you find any takers for your milk yet? If not, I'd like to connect with you. My number is 206-769-6425 and my email is wickman.marianna@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Marianna

mariannawickman

Back to top Go down

looking to donate Empty looking to donate

Post by meadows Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 am

Offering
I am full time working mother who has approx. 40 extra ounces of pumped milk in the freezer.

About Me/Why
Three years ago, I tried to donate my extra milk (from my first son) through a local milk bank but was turned away because they don't accept milk pumped prior to an agreement with them. Without knowing anyone to give it to I dumped it down the sink and literally cried the whole time! Once again, I am back to work and pumping more a day then my second son is consuming so I have a slowly growing abundance in our freezer. I was recently told about this website and I am so grateful for the opportunity to offer this milk to someone who wants it.

Health/Age
I am 29 years old, vegetarian, healthy (not so much as a cold) and exercise regularly. The only supplements I take are pre-natal vitamins daily. And I am on non-hormonal birth control.
My son was born on August 15th, tomorrow he will be 6 months old. All of the milk I have to offer is from when he was 3 to 6 months and each bottle is dated with the exact date it was pumped.

Local Delivery/Shipping
I am nervous about shipping. I have never shipped anything perishable before and would feel horrible if the milk didn't make it because of my packing. Because of that, I would prefer to find someone I can hand it off to locally. However, if there is no one in my area I would rather take the chance and ship it then waste it. I live in New Castle, Delaware but would drive to meet someone anywhere in New Castle County.

Donation/Frequency
I am offering this as a one-time donation with the intent to offer more if/when my freezer is full again.

Closing
As I said previously, this is my first time donating so please don’t hesitate to ask me anything that I may have left out. I want to give this gift to someone! I want to know that it’s being used to help another baby like my own.

~ Meadows

meadows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down