MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system?

+2
ReachtotheStars
MamaFaith
6 posters

Go down

Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system? Empty Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system?

Post by MamaFaith Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi there,
I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about switching beteen different donors and whether this disrupts or distrubs the baby's GI system. In other words, can you alternate between different donors - should you try to do exclusively one person at a time? Is it safe to switc all at once to somebody else or should this be done slowly? I don't know if this has ever even been studied! Any thoughts?
Thanks!!

MamaFaith

Back to top Go down

Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system? Empty Re: Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system?

Post by ReachtotheStars Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 am

This is interesting, I kniw your milk changes with your baby's age, so maybe similar donors like with the same age babies and similar diet.

Going from dairy free bm to one like mine rich in dairy might be hard, but probably not as hard as formula is on a baby's gi.
ReachtotheStars
ReachtotheStars

Back to top Go down

Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system? Empty Re: Are different donors a problem for baby's GI system?

Post by MummyBird Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 pm

My oldest had 10 donors, plus what she got from me. She never had a problem. Her real problem was formula. She went to constantly spitting up to keeping it all in, the day we ditched the formula!

I used to keep all the milk separated by month, in the deep freezer. I was more concerned about something going missing in the freezer, and it getting too old. We had one 'super donor' (just over 19 GALLONS donated to us!) so her milk was used together for that storage month, then I would switch over to a mixture of everyone else. All our donors did appear to be low or dairy free, so I don't know if that made a big difference.

MummyBird

Back to top Go down

Post by kmonteiro22 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:36 pm

I've read that breastmilk is very uniform from mother to mother. The things you eat or do may effect your quantity but nothing (except extreme malnutrition) will effect the quality or physical make up of the breast milk.
kmonteiro22
kmonteiro22

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveBeingMomma Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 am

My son was on donor milk from 4 months old until 2 days ago (now 17.5 months old) and he has had at least 30 donors from around NC, one in MO, another in FL and one in NH. He never had any problems with the donor milk. We had one main donor that would give us milk every couple of weeks, but it wasn't enough to keep up with his need, so we'd get milk wherever we could find it. We did try to stay medication free (particularly anti-depressant free), so that might've helped, but it always amazed me at how well he did with the multiple donor milk we had. When he was on organic formula for the first 4 months (before we found out about donor milk), he did projectile vomiting all the time. It was awful! But once we switched him to donor milk, he barely even spit up. The change was drastic.

Now, we're giving donor milk to our 6 week old daughter and she's had more reactions to some of the donor milk we've gotten. She'll spit up more and it seems it all comes from one donor, so it could be because we're not able to give her age-appropriate milk right now... I'm not sure. But, we feel the donor milk is way better for her than any formula. We just keep extra outfits around for her. Smile She seems happy & is growing well, so we hope to keep her on donor milk as long as we can.
LoveBeingMomma
LoveBeingMomma

http://www.mythirtyone.com/shelleyd

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyV Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 am

Can you tell me the process you did for getting the milk shipped to you? Ups vs fedex vs USPS; overnight etc? Thank you in advance!

BabyV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down