MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Desperately Need Milk in NY

Go down

Desperately Need Milk in NY Empty Re: Desperately Need Milk in NY

Post by bananacake on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:35 pm

I might have some milk, frozen within a day or two of pumping, from mid-Dec to current. I thought I had connected with a recipient, but I haven't heard from her, and I'd like to make sure the milk is used. I probably have about 175-200 oz at this point. I have a 2.5 month old and have been pumping for about 1.5 months.
I might also have some in the future. I'm only pumping once a day, producing about 5 oz. I'm in Boston.

bananacake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by graciesend@gmail.com on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi!

If you still need more...I am in Rochester, NY and would love to help you out. I have ~80-100 oz. that have been in the freezer since the end of September (so they are approaching the 6 mo. recommended milk lasts frozen). I am incredibly healthy and can give you all the details. I am new to this forum and haven't read about shipping yet but will gladly do it for you if you want. I am also pumping extra now and freezing (my son is 5 mo.) so may have some more to donate.

Email me graciesend@gmail.com if you're interested or have questions!

Best of luck, Julie

graciesend@gmail.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bekki&Evelyn on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Thank you so much! That would be a huge help!

Saratoga is still quite a ways from me, but I'll be glad to send a cooler for you to ship it! When you bring it to UPS, you can just call me and I'll pay over the phone.

Ground shipping from Boston to here only takes 2 days, and as long as the cooler is packed tight (extra space stuffed with paper), the milk should be fine. It should be very easy for you!

If you would like, you can e-mail me at bekki.hill@gmail.com
Bekki&Evelyn
Bekki&Evelyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sturner on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi Bekki

I am in Boston and have a little over a 100oz if you are interested. I can ship, but also thought that I would reply bc my family lives in Saratoga and we are headed that way in a few weeks. Feb. 20-Feb. 23. I have donated many times and still breastfeed my daughter who just turned one this month. She will not drink milk from anything but me, so I freeze and donate when I need to pump. Let me know if we can help!
Sarah

sturner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Desperately Need Milk in NY Empty Desperately Need Milk in NY

Post by Bekki&Evelyn on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 am

My 10 month old daughter, Evelyn is running out of milk! We have enough to make it for a couple more weeks, but our supply is getting very low.

I was unable to breastfeed her on my own due to insufficient glandular tissue. I took domperidone, goat's rue, alfalfa, saw palmetto and More Milk Plus and was able to supply her with about 10 or so oz/day while supplementing with donated breast milk. It was a struggle to get her to nurse (she was frustrated with the low supply and slow flow) and around her 8 month birthday, I lost the battle when she stopped nursing permanently.

Now we rely 100% on donated mama milk for all of her milk needs.

We have both milk and sugar sensitivites, so we can't switch to formula or cow's milk. I'm not sure what I will be able to give her if we run out of milk.

I have been in contact with a couple other moms who had offered us some milk, but I haven't been able to get ahold of either of them in over a week. I'm not sure if they've changed their minds, or if they're just busy right now, but I can't wait too much longer.

I am very experienced with having milk shipped. I would send you a cooler and when you take it to UPS, I pay them directly over the phone. It is very important to me that the donating mom does not put out any money of her own.

I will also be glad to either replace the breastmilk bags that you used, or reimburse you (depending on your needs).

I livpe in Red Hook, NY (near Kingston and Poughkeepsie). If anyone in the general area of north east U.S. has some milk they are willing to ship, it would be greatly appreciated! If you have a large amount of milk and live ANYWHERE in the U.S., we can work that out, too. Shipping gets very expensive the further away we live, but I will do what I have to for my daughter's sake.

Please feel free to reply to this thread, or e-mail me at bekki.hill@gmail.com .

Thank you!!! God bless you mamas for being so generous with your time, your love, and your wonderful milk!
Bekki&Evelyn
Bekki&Evelyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down