MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new to donating...but would like to get started with one family!

Go down

Brand new to donating...but would like to get started with one family! Empty Brand new to donating...but would like to get started with one family!

Post by proud_breastfeeding_momma Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:13 am

Hello! My name is Teresa and I live in Madison Heights VA with my fiance Brandon, and our 3 children, Ryley who is 5, Grace who is 3, and our newest addition Ayden, who is 7 months. I am very passionate about nursing and I'm very angry when I come across a mother who isn't nursing her baby when she is perfectly capable to do so. I am over joyed to see soooo many of you women who want the very best for your baby and will do anything to ensure that he/she has the best! That's awesome and I applaued you! I came across a post on cafemom about donating and I decided I really want to do this! I am fortunate enough to have plenty of milk for my son and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing:)

I am a student. I attend classes 3 days a week for 4hr sessions...so I am home with my children most of the time. I do not have a good breast pump (only a manual) and I honestly can not afford a hospital grade. However, I am going to contact WIC and see if it would be possible to get a good pump through them. If I am not able to...I will be happy to commit to donating to a family for an extented period of time, if they would be willing to cover the cost of a rented pump.

Remember, this will be my first time, and I do not currently have milk stored. I would probably be more likey matched with a women who is expecting and knows she wont be able to nurse...or with someone who has a large supply saved up and will not need more milk to some time.

If you have any tips or advice for me, that would be great! I'm a VERY excited to help someone out! If you are looking for milk and you are around the Lynchburg VA area, and are interested in knowing more about my family and I, please e-mail me at proud_breastfeeding_momma@yahoo.com

Thank you all for reading and thank all of you mothers who can't nurse but are still determined to give your baby what he deserves! I love you

proud_breastfeeding_momma

Back to top Go down