MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colostrum for 2 month old baby?

2 posters

Go down

Colostrum for 2 month old baby? Empty Colostrum for 2 month old baby?

Post by RealMylk Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I had a low milk supply with probably low colostrum. Should I be concerned that my baby may not received enough colostrum? Is colostrum only good for the baby before s/he has the regular milk? Is it too late to give colostrum now? Should it be something I should look into? Would the benefits be the same?

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Colostrum for 2 month old baby? Empty Re: Colostrum for 2 month old baby?

Post by bhtimm Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:26 pm

I wouldn't worry about the colostrum - the amounts are normally tiny anyways, and they can vary tremendously from woman to woman as it is.

I find your question interesting because I was able to collect about 10ml of colostrum prior to when my baby was born, and it was administered to her on her first day of life. But man oh man it was a project to get 10ml! It took me over a month to collect it. Most of it was collected in the week prior to delivery, and I delivered at 37 weeks so I just imagine what I'd have been able to collect if I had went to term!

I've read and experienced firsthand, that if you give colostrum to a baby after the "prime time" for doing so (i.e. the first couple days) it can cause diarrhea in the baby - mainly because colostrum is a laxative. I experienced this when I got some transitional milk (the milk that's part colostrum, part mature milk) and was feeding that to my daughter when she was past 2 weeks old.

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Post by RealMylk Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I remember your story! 10ml is a lot! But, I don't really know how much colostrum babies get. Thanks for your reply! It answered my question.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down