MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

donating after a sad situation/need more donations

4 posters

Go down

donating after a sad situation/need more donations Empty Re: donating after a sad situation/need more donations

Post by greenchild Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin!!

I don't have any to donate currently, this summer I gave away my stash bc I finally figured out my son's special dietary needs so I had to start all over with a new stash. Which isn't easy, he's 19 months and I've been EP'ing from the beginning. I hit a supply drop due to a bad situation in Feb and although I still had enough to feed my little guy I tried a few experiments to see what worked to bring my supply back up.

I tried liquid cholorophyll - it increases supply for SOME women, it did NOT for me . . . but it seriously increases the richness of your milk so I highly recommend that just for that reason alone. I recommend DeSouza's Liquid Chlorophyll, it[s pure and not diluted with anything.

I pump 3x per day now based on his needs - but what is working the best to increase my supply is that I hand express between pumping sessions - once in the evenings and at least twice during the night, preferably between midnight and 2am, when my prolactin levels are highest. I highly recommend hand expressing, it's quick and easy and you can do it in under 5 min - 10 min if you hit a letdown. You get better results if you can hand express during the times your prolactin levels are the highest, usually in the middle of the night. It's easy - just drink alot of water so your bladder wakes you up - and while you're up, spend a couple minutes expressing a few ml.

There id definitely a right way to hand express - just let me know if you need that and I am happy to help!

greenchild

Back to top Go down

donating after a sad situation/need more donations Empty Re: donating after a sad situation/need more donations

Post by jburth7 Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't have any milk to donate - I was a recipient myself (breast reduction surgery that left me with about a 60% supply), but I just wanted to mention that I took a variety of meds until my daughter was a year to try and increase my milk supply.

The ones I had the best luck with were fenugreek and domperidone. Fenugreek is available at health food or vitamin stores. I took 4 tablets 3x per day. Domperidone is a prescription medication. It's actually not available in the US, but you can order it online through inhousepharmacy.com. If you want more information about medications to help increase your supply, please message me and I'd be happy to let you know.

It is amazing what you are trying to do for your family. Good luck to your cousins SO, I can't imagine how hard this must be for her. Breastfeeding is so incredibly important to me and through this site, my daughter was able to be exclusively fed breastmilk for her entire first year of life. I hope and wish the same for your family!

jburth7

Back to top Go down

Post by msleora Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

hi

I have a lot of frozen milk. I'd be happy to donate. I live in Minneapolis.

Michelle Krueger
msleora
msleora

Back to top Go down

Post by atabrem Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm

i also have a caring bridge page for anyone here who would like to view the family. and i will gladly give my phone number to anyone who can donate. she is up in the duluth hospital at st. mary's. and they live in cromwell.. I live in pine city if anyone wants to meet up with me.. thanks again.

atabrem

Back to top Go down

donating after a sad situation/need more donations Empty donating after a sad situation/need more donations

Post by atabrem Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:58 pm

last tuesday my cousins SO became extremely ill..they brought her to the ER, she quit breathing, and after they were able to get her on a vent, and stable they found a huge 5x7 cm tumor in her right tempral lobe artery. they did surgery, and removed the tumor. so far they think they have got it all..and they also know she had a stroke..and many seizures. the tumor is a low grade(meaning slow progressing cancer). she is stable now..they put a trech in her throat so she can try to wake up and speak if she wishes. with LOTS of work, the phys.therp nurse is able to help her lots with doing small things such as moving a foot or hand. she's opened her eyes randomly, but never focuses on anything. at this point they don't know what her outcome will be, and are praying for a lot more progression in the next 3 weeks. only then will they be able to tell what the damage is. she has a 13 week old little baby, and a 2 yr old little girl. that she was nursing both tendam. she is a naturalist, and an all around organic living. including a gluten free diet from cyliacs desease(sp?) she lives a very healthy clean natural life. and would just be devistated if her baby had to go on formula. she actually has mentioned to her SO that she was worried that's what would happen if something were to ever happen to her. i have decided, that since i am also nursing my own baby, who is now 5 months and 1 week, and i'm family i am pumping extra so i can donate. ive already given them 12 oz for the baby...btw: he was in nicu for 3 weeks, so she had enough milk frozen for a about a week or more. my baby seems to be fine and not effected by this at all..but at the same time i had noticed even before this that my supplu was decreasing. and i dont know why. i never had these issues with my older son. i was recently given "mothers love" "more milk plus" to help increase milk supply. i just started taking it yesterday..and i was wondering if any of you ladies have tried it or know of someone, and what the outcome has been. i know i cannot completely support 2 babies..but as much as i cangive has been apreciated by my cousin. i want to do as much as i can to fullfill the moms wishes. i know she would do the same for me. any info, or suggestions is highly apreciated to help me increase my supply, or anyone willing to donate to help! TIA and keep her in your prayers for a recovery from this devistating tumor.

atabrem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down