MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.5 month needs supplementation due to low milk suppply but has problems with formula (Riverdale)

2 posters

Go down

3.5 month needs supplementation due to low milk suppply but has problems with formula (Riverdale) Empty Re: 3.5 month needs supplementation due to low milk suppply but has problems with formula (Riverdale)

Post by dietpepsigal Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:21 am

there's alot of milk you can get.. see my post. i'm in rockland county - not to far from u. however, formula is not as evil and bad as everyone makes it to be. hundreds and thousadns of babies are growing up fine on formula! if your dd isn't doing well on one, switch to a soy based, or sensitive formula.

dietpepsigal

Back to top Go down

3.5 month needs supplementation due to low milk suppply but has problems with formula (Riverdale) Empty 3.5 month needs supplementation due to low milk suppply but has problems with formula (Riverdale)

Post by mcdaidwiley Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm

I returned to work at 6 weeks postpartum and since that time my daughter has been fed exclusively with breast milk. I froze some in those early weeks but that is now depleted. I can pump approx. 12oz daily and cannot improve on this despite herbs, increase pumping schedule etc. I have a very stressful job and believe it is due to stress and sleep deprivation, since I also encounter the same issue 7 years ago with my fist child. In her case, we supplemented with formula as I was completely unaware of a milk donor program.

Today was the first day for formula supplementation with my 3.5 month old daughter. After much research, I decided on baby's only formula since it contains no corn syrup and is DHA free (and thus free of organic solvents). She hated the taste and only took approx. 1 oz and has been farting and belching all afternoon and unable to sleep. She had bad 'colic' until 9 weeks (green, mucus-filled stools and pain which necessitated a dairy-free, gluten-free, chocolate and nut-free diet for 9 weeks). Once her stools changed to yellow and became less slimy, I went back on my regular diet and she has been thriving (was 6lb at birth - full-term and is now 12lb). Since she had such pain from her digestive issues early on, I am worried about formula causing her pain and would love to continue with breast milk only, if possible. I am concerned at her reaction to this formula because from what I have read it is best of a bad lot.....most other brands have corn syrup as the 2nd ingredient. Like all parents, I hate to see my baby in distress.

I am happy to pay all associated costs (materials / shipping etc.). Please let me know if you can help us out. Shehas NO dietary restrictions any more on my breast milk - I can now eat all foods and she is fine. We live in Riverdale, Bronx and are happy to either pick up form surrounding areas or organize and pay for shipping. THANKS for your consideration and help!

Last edited by mcdaidwiley on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did not add location)
mcdaidwiley
mcdaidwiley

Back to top Go down