MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Milk need for drug exposed infant, 11 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Milk need for drug exposed infant, 11 months old

Post by STR on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 pm

I have 97 oz of frozen milk in Medela bags ranging from 1 to 5 oz each. It was pumped in Aug ans Sep and immediately frozen. I can't use it because we have since found out that my daughter has an allergy and I have had to change my diet. I am in the Worcester area. Please let me know if you are interested.

STR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Milk to donate

Post by krhodes09 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm

I am in the Western Ma area. I was donating milk to a an expecting mama. Her first baby no milk came in and they scrambled to get donated milk. This time they planned ahead and stored up a whole bunch of my milk. But then she had her baby, and her milk came in no problem this time. So now my milk needs a new home. I have given them a whole bunch that has been put in deep freeze. I am not sure exactly how much, probably several hundred ounces at least. And I continue to produce a lot of milk, so I need somewhere for it to go. I have two nursing children ages 22 months, and 6 months. Because they nurse so much, my body is just in overdrive all the time and I have tons and tons of milk, and have to pump just to stay comfortable.

So let me know if you are interested, I can arrange a pickup with the woman who was storing my milk.

krhodes09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkFlipFlops on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 am

=)

Last edited by PinkFlipFlops on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFlipFlops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Milk need for drug exposed infant, 11 months old

Post by widerangebooks on Sun May 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi everyone! I introduced myself last year, when my husband and I adopted Ian Christopher as a newborn. My son has since received over 10,000 ounces of milk from 10 generous milk mamas.

Ian had a lot of prenatal drug exposure (cocaine, heroin, methadone, oxycotin, and vicadin). He went through withdrawal in the NICU for several weeks. He is now 11 months old and doing really well!

Ian was exclusively "breastfed" since he came home from the hospital, and we know his good neurological, physical, and developmental health is thanks to his milk mamas!

Right now, he's still getting about half his nutrition from breastmilk, and we have enough left for 3 weeks. We'd
love to feed him breastmilk until at least 18 months (hopefully longer) to mitigate any lingering effects of the drugs & just for general nutritional and developmental purposes.

We can pick up milk within 100 miles of Milford, MA. Otherwise, we can pay for Fed Ex overnight or 2 day shipment, including a cooler, packing supplies, reimbursement for bags, and replacement bags. (Unfortunately, shipping is so expensive that we usually only do shipping for 500+ ounces.)

I would love love love to establish a relationship with ongoing donors if anyone is in the position to do so.

Please let me know if anyone can help. And THANK YOU to all you generous women!

Take care,
Maureen, Nick, and Ian Benes

widerangebooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top