MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My success story for a first time donor

5 posters

Go down

My success story for a first time donor Empty My success story for a first time donor

Post by kelly_bean83 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelly and i live in Arizona. I donated for the first time a couple weeks ago, and while it was a tad stressful at times I have to say it was the most amazing thing ive ever done. I (with 75oz donated from another girl, Kara, added to the stash) was able to send out 975 (approx) oz to a little baby boy in Washington named Tucker. His mothers name is Maria and she was a joy to work with. She helped me out a lot when i had no idea what to do! We ended up with 5 large boxes of milk for UPS to pick up. The UPS driver looked at the boxes and the labels and said "Wow. This is the weirdest thing ive ever shipped!" and then he thought about it for a minute or two and said to me and my dad, "Well. We are the ONLY animal that drinks the milk of another species. So i guess its not so wierd!". That made me smile a little Smile

Anyway, as a first time donor i have to say that i will totally do it again. I am now starting to build a stash for a baby girl to be in tucson arizona. I hope Maria and Tucker can find a new donor local to her in Washington so the shipping isnt so crazy. And i hope that little Tucker enjoys his milkies Smile Thanks Maria!

-Kelly P.
kelly_bean83
kelly_bean83

Back to top Go down

My success story for a first time donor Empty Re: My success story for a first time donor

Post by steph0530 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Awww... I'm so glad to hear a success story.

Hopefully I'll be posting here for myself soon!
steph0530
steph0530

Back to top Go down

My success story for a first time donor Empty Re: My success story for a first time donor

Post by Mommy2Kaelynn Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Kelly -

What a blessing you have given them! My first donor came from Arizona too! My daughter is now 3 - and was (is) a milkshare baby. She still gets breastmilk as often as I can give it to her - but mostly when she is sick - she had medical concerns so I am so thankful for all of my wonderful milk mamas - and positive that she is as healthy and happy (in part) today because of the wonderful gift of milk!!!!

Chandra
Mommy2Kaelynn
Mommy2Kaelynn

Back to top Go down

My success story for a first time donor Empty Thank you!

Post by MariaSangria Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm the lucky gal who received the milk from Kelly for my son Tucker. I can't tell you how grateful we are! Thank you Kelly!!
MariaSangria
MariaSangria

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am

Wow 900+ oz is awesome! That'll last a good while. Way to go!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down